BETTER RUN, BETTER BURN— YOUR WORKOUT WILL NEVER BE THE SAME
- Frankenstein’s – Keeping your leg straight, kick your right leg forward and up to waist height. At the same time, reach your left arm forward as if you were touching your toe. Release and switch arm and leg – repeat 10x.
- Lateral Lunge Toe Taps – Separate your legs wider than your shoulders with your toes pointing forward. Shift to your left, bending your left knee while keeping your right leg straight, reach your right hand towards your left foot. Release and switch arm and leg – repeat 10x.
- Knee to Alt Elbows – Start in a push-up position with your feet together. Take your right leg and bend your knee towards your right elbow as your shift your weight forward. Reach your right leg back into the air as you shift into a single-leg downward dog. Shift forward and drive your right knee towards your left elbow, then reach your right leg back again into another single-leg downward dog. Repeat 10x each side
- Lateral Leg Swings – Face a wall or something for support, swing your right leg from side-to-side, parallel to the support while standing on your left leg. Your right leg should cross in front of your left leg and should swing like a pendulum. Repeat 10x and then switch legs.
- Inch Worm with Push-up – Start in a push-up position with your feet shoulder width apart. Slowly toe heel your feet towards your hands keeping both legs straight until your feel a gentle stretch in your hamstrings. Now, keep your feet in place and walk your hands out until you are in the starting push-up position, perform one push-up. Now repeat toe-heeling your feet towards your hands. Repeat for a total of 10 reps.
No equipment needed—ready, set, RUN!
BONUS: Use these exercises as your warm-up next time you’re in the gym instead of hopping on a cardio machine for 5 minutes.