30 Simple Ways To Prevent Acne (You are on your way to better skin)
Posted on October 9, 2018
By Adetoun Adeyemo
These are all good basic skin regimens that may help with the acne battle: Cleanse gently twice daily. Apply a gel or cream containing 5% benzoyl peroxide; an alternative is sulfur or resorcinol. At night, apply a spot cream containing sulfur to the affected areas. Use a light skin moisturizer and water-based makeup.
Here are 30 simple ways to prevent and get rid of acne.
• Learn what type of skin you have so you know how to treat it.
• Find out if you are allergic to anything.
• Wash your face day and night.
• Wash your face after sweating.
• Avoid towels on your face.
• Don’t over-wash your face. This has adverse effects.
• Exfoliate once or twice a week to get in a deeper cleanse.
• Add a toner in your skincare routine.
• Use SPF every day even indoors.
• Stay hydrated. Drink plenty water. Dehydration causes breakouts.
• Eat healthy. Eat fruit and vegetables to get in your nutrients.
• Exercise regularly, your skin and body will thank you for it.
• Reduce your alcohol and dairy intake.
• Quit smoking. It makes your skin dull and gives you wrinkles.
• Cut back on carbohydrates and sugar. They can manifest in the form of acne.
• Cut back on oily food
• Find ways to de-stress. When you are stressed, your skin shows it.
• Make sure you get enough sleep. 6-8 hours.
• Don’t sleep in your makeup. Always wash it off.
• Try going without makeup for a day or two to let your skin breathe.
• Keep hair off your face. You don’t want hair products getting into your skin.
• Avoid fragrance in your skin care products
• Stop touching your face all
• Use products in a tube rather than in a jar. Putting your fingers into things can cause bacteria to build up.
• Try not to pick your face when you have acne.
• Treat your acne immediately. Don’t wait days or weeks to do something about it.
• Wash your make up brushes often.
• Use anti bacterial wipes to clean your phone screen. Your phone contains bacteria which can cause breakouts.
• Wash your hats and caps so that accumulated sweat and bacteria doesn’t get to your face.
• Wash and change your pillow case often.
• Treat yourself to a spa day once in a while.
Relaxing Spa Day
• Use retinoids at night to help prevent acne and fade spots.
• If you have tried all of the above and you have not gotten and results, book an appointment with the dermatologist.
Leave a Reply